Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ideas and Moving Out

So, last night I was up late after making the decision to drink an entire cup of tea at midnight (boy did I need to pee after that) and I had a bit of an idea.  When I was in Maine last weekend I bought a new journal at Barnes & Noble and have been trying to decide what I want to do with it and I think I've come up with an idea.  Last night when I was awake I ended up opening it and writing a poem in it after reading some post on either twitter or Facebook that was directed at one of my captains for Quidditch.  The post inspired a poem directed at that captain and I titled it "To [insert captain's name here]" - this is then where I got a bit of an idea burst and I think I'm going to do it: use this journal to write poems that are kind of like letters to members of my team.  Each poem will be directed at different members of the team and I will slowly build this journal with poetry that reflects my feelings about my teammates and friends in Quidditch.  Then, in the incident where it where to be found or read (which I really would hate), it wouldn't be as bad and then they would know how I feel.  It also would help get my thoughts off of my chest too.  I mean, I'll probably write more than just poems directed at my teammates in there, but that will be the majority of them (at least for now).  I think this will be really great for me to get my feelings off of my chest in a healthy way and not do anything super stupid.

In terms of life stuff I go back to school on Tuesday and classes start on Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to this next semester and I really hope that everything goes well.  Hopefully we will be starting up with practices right away so that I can see my teammates and interact with the captain that I still feel like things are a bit spotty with.  I need to see where we stand.  I'm excited for my classes (hopefully my textbooks will get here on time because I didn't order them until two days ago and most of them probably won't get here until Friday, which may cause issues with homework and such) and I also am hoping to be able to get a job and find an apartment with my friends.  Yep, I'm moving out to an apartment with some friends this summer and staying out in Utah for good.  There are a lot of reasons why I ended up reaching this decision, but I don't feel the need to talk about them, I'm just excited to officially move out and live on my own.  It is going to be scary, but I have faith that it is going to work out just fine.

No comments: