Monday, January 19, 2015

The End of a Friendship Era

So I've gotten to a point where I have a friend who I'm starting to realize is bringing me down more than she is building me up.  We've spent a lot of time together in the last few months, but after this last weekend I've started looking at our friendship and realizing that it is really toxic for me, which kind of sucks if I'm being completely honest.  The two of us have a lot of mutual friends that I'm worried will take her side if we were to have a friendship break, but I kind of need it for my mental sanity.  I love them all to pieces, but I guess I would know if they are really good friends if they understand my reasons and accept that I just can't be friends with this one person anymore.  I'm trying to get better and she is making things worse.  I'm constantly having to do things for her and work around her and I can't do that, I have other friends and I want to do other things with them, but she doesn't like them and its like I'm expected to take her side with everything and I'm honestly not on her side.  And then things kind of came to a head this weekend at a Quidditch tournament that our team went to (she is on my Quidditch team), when she spent the entire time being really flirty with the guy that I've liked on my team for the last 5ish months.  She knows that I like him and I even took her aside a few different times this last weekend asking her to stop, but she kept doing it and it really hurt.  It just feels like she was stabbing me in the back and I know she is a bit of a slut, but I didn't think she would start going for the guy I've been obviously head over heals for for months now.  When I got back earlier today I was talking about the situation with my roommate (who I love to pieces) and she was a little pissed about the situation.  She was saying how wrong it is that this friend is expecting all of these things from me and then going after the guy I've liked for awhile and was completely honest with me saying that she doesn't think this friendship is good for me.  I'm going to talk to one of this friend and I's mutual friends and explain the situation, but I honestly don't think I can do this friendship anymore.  It kind of sucks, but I need to do what's right for me.

No comments: