Thursday, December 8, 2011

the one i gave to you

& i don't know what i'm doing in this broken world anymore,
i've been pulling at the seams for far too long
and i'm inches from falling off,
falling away and down,
down,
down,
or up,
if i'm lucky.

& i've lost the pieces that i tore off
when i just couldn't handle the pain,
left them lying on random sidewalks in random towns,
sprinkled across this nation
and this state
because i didn't know where else to put them
other than all over this god forsaken world
where you can make me cry
by telling someone
my greatest secret.

& thats just not cool bro,
do you realize how much pain that caused me?

i know that you want to fix me,
i know that you want to sew me together again
and find all of my missing pieces,

but you just made another piece go missing,
the one i gave to you.

No comments: